- Family Violence
- Navigating the Courts
- Effective Parenting
- Substance Abuse
- Are you a male or female victim of family violence and need support?
- Are you a male or female who has been abusive toward someone, and need support to change?
- Are drugs or alcohol abuse causing family violence problems in your home, and do you need support?
- Are you being threatened with the possibility of losing substantial contact with your children via the courts?
- Are you or your family experiencing additional financial hardships because of court-related and other associated costs of litigation?
- Do you need guidance and emotional support in dealing with separation from your children?
- Are you experiencing difficulties with an out-of-control child or teen, and need support?
- Do you have a blended family or are you a second spouse, and need support?
Then make plans to come to the weekly meetings of the California Alliance for Families and Children (CAFC).
Our toll-free 24-hour hotline provides various details about our meetings, including dates, times and locations. If you plan to attend, please confirm with a voicemail message so we can expect you.
Purpose and Goals
Family or intimate partner issues that affect an individual or their family can become very overwhelming and emotionally draining. Without some level of support, depression and anxiety can increase, leaving us feeling lost and with no sense that there is any hope.
The purpose and goals of these meetings are to provide a place for similarly situated people to gather in a safe environment where they can receive support through sharing their experiences, exchange ideas and information, learn about ways that they can improve their circumstances, and most importantly, get hope.
- The meeting facilitator shall be responsible for maintaining reasonable structure.
- The chairperson or speaker is limited to 15 to 20 minutes at the beginning of the meeting so that others will have time to share or ask questions.
- No cross talking.
- Allow each other their feelings.
- Treat each other with dignity and respect.
- No use of foul and disrespectful language.
- Make a commitment to respect the privacy and confidentiality of each other by using the principle of "What is spoken and heard here, let it stay here." An exception would be if a person is making threats to harm themselves or others.
- No drugs or alcohol.
- Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to stay.
- No weapons of any kind.
- No person with a restraining order against them will be allowed to stay if a protected person comes to the meeting.
Meetings are held at two locations, both of which are Kaiser hospitals:
Kaiser Point West
2nd Floor, CR #8
1650 Response Road
Sacramento, CA 95815
1st and 3rd Tuesdays
7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
MOB II, 4th Floor, Room C46G
1600 Eureka Road
Roseville, CA 95661
2nd and 4th Tuesdays
7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
All meetings go from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM. On the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month, meetings are held in Sacramento at the Kaiser Point West hospital (2nd Floor, CR #8). On the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, meetings are held in Roseville at the Kaiser hospital on Eureka Road (MOB II, 4th Floor, Room C46G).
These locations are indicated by the blue icons in the map below. For driving directions to either location, click on the icon.
View Meeting locations in a larger map